Home » Resources
Category Archives: Resources
RAM MOHAN ROY (1772? -1833) was a great social reformer and educationist hailing from Bengal.
Read and find out more of his life and works.
Ishwar Chandra the great scholar,academician, philosopher and above all a social reformer.
He got married at the age of 14 to Dinamani Devi and had a son named Narayan Chandra.
Narayan Chandra was married to an adolescent widow in 1870. Several such marriages were solemnized with his own money.
He started his career as the Head Pandit in the Sanskrit department in Fort William College,in 1841
After five years in 1846, he joined Sanskrit College as Assistant Secretary. Later he became a Professor and the first Principal of the college in 1851.
Same words having different meaning
Words often confused
Air : This air is pure.
You should not always air your views.
Don’t put on airs.
Bar : I want a bar of chocolate.
Don’t bar him from entering the room.
He is practicing in the bar.
Book : Please give me your book.
I want to book my ticket.
The police tried to book the thief.
Bank : Don’t bank on him.
He loves to sit on the bank of the river.
You have to open an account in the bank.
Act : I love to act in plays.
Don’t try to act smart.
This is a one- act play.
Principal: Who is the principal of your college?
I want to keep the principal intact.
Please credit the interest on the principal into my account.
Place : From which place do you come?
What place did you secure?
Let us place him in the accounts department.
Read the sentences out aloud. Fill in the blank with the word that rhymes with the word in italics:-
1. I don’t care for the _________. ( animal )
2. Don’t stare like a __________. ( animal)
3. Name and fame are the ________. ( alike or similar )
4. All his mail has been put up for ______ ( money transaction )
5. Be calm and give your ____________. ( part of the hand )
6. Early or late you have to ________ (stay for some time, linger on )
7. He was told to be ______. ( to have courage )
8. He wants to run for _______. ( to be happy, to enjoy oneself )
9. They won by a _________. ( action in a game- cricket )
10. Put off the light before you _______. ( quarrel )